Happier Than Ever - Kelly Clarkson Cover

The moment I heard Kelly Clarkson covers Billie Eilish's Happier Than Ever, I am, the one that's happier than ever. I just can't move on from listening to this cover all day everyday for real.

Yeah, because honestly, Kelly was the person whom came to my mind the moment I heard Billie sang / released this song. I truly love the lyrics, and the emotion that this song gave me, and indeed Billie's voice delivered this song in her own signature way - which managed to capture that sad emotion upon listening to it as it needed to, it's great yes, yet I felt like it could be way more if the song got some more kick, as in more deep, painful emotion to it, you know. 

Hence, Kelly Clarkson came right to my mind - can't help it that this song definitely give me Kelly's vibes. It reminds me of Because of You by Kelly on 2004, which it's one of my favourite jam during my teenage years even up until now, one of the all time favourite kinda songs that I could totally relate to and feel it deeply as well. Indeed, this Happier Than Ever give me the same vibes. Powerful lyrics, melody and overall ambience that wrapped around it - like it's telling our own story as well someway. Idk, I guess we millennials just automatically can relate to it no matter what are our situation or even if the lyrics isn't really what are we going through at the moment yet the feeling still just click, right?! haha 

Kelly deliver it perfectly, as how I imagine it before. It's satisfying, that the version that I have in my mind for these past years every time I listens to this song, have finally comes true. THIS, this is the version that I need and want, to sing along from the top of my lungs, pouring every feeling out. So yes, THANK YOU KELLY CLARKSON! 

In case any of you haven't heard of this covers yet, I've already added it on my Spotify's Melancholy list as you can find it below including the lyrics as well right after yeaa, enjoy! 





Happier Than Ever (Kelly Clarkson Cover) 

When I'm away from you
I'm happier than ever
Wish I could explain it better
I wish it wasn't true
Give me a day or two
To think of something clever
To write myself a letter
To tell me what to do
Do you read my interviews?
Or do you skip my avenue?
When you said you were passin' through
Was I even on your way?
I knew when I asked you to
Be cool about what I was tellin' you
You'd do the opposite of what you said you'd do
And I'd end up more afraid
Don't say it isn't fair
You clearly weren't aware
That you made me miserable
So if you really wanna know
When I'm away from you
I'm happier than ever
Wish I could explain it better
I wish it wasn't true
You call me again, drunk in your Benz
Drivin' home under the influence
You scared me to death but I'm wastin' my breath
'Cause you only listen to your fuckin' friends
I don't relate to you, no
I don't relate to you
'Cause I'd never treat me this shitty
I get it, you hate this city
And I don't talk shit about you on the internet
Never told anyone anything bad
'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everything
And all that you did was make me fuckin' sad
So don't waste the time I don't have
And don't try to make me feel bad
I could talk about every time that you showed up on time
But I'd have an empty line 'cause you never did
Never paid any mind to my mother or friends
So I shut 'em all out for you just like a kid
You ruined everything good
Always said you were misunderstood
Made all my moments your own
Just fuckin' leave me alone
And I don't talk shit about you on the internet 
Never told anyone anything bad (yeah)
'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everything (just leave me alone)
And all that you did was make me fuckin' sad (oh, oh)
Leave me alone
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Billie Eilish O'Connell / Finneas Baird O'Connell
Happier Than Ever lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Universal Music Publishing Group


0 bubblynotes :):

Post a Comment

Got something in your mind?
Shout here! :)

QeelaAini:RandomRainbow. Powered by Blogger.

Meet The Author

My photo
A Lifestyle mommy blogger whom into beauty, fashion, parenting, travel, food, motivation, gadget, event/entertainment, health, reviews, and many more! For any collaboration / review / invites / inquiries, feel free to email me at : qeelaaini@gmail.com Thank You!

SushiVids!

They Are The Best!

Total Pageviews

Choose Your Own Language :)

My Page Rank


Live.Life.

Live.Life.